Whether you’ve just fallen in love, are looking to restore your romance, or are in chronic conflict, this workshop is for you.
A single weekend workshop is said to be the equivalent of three to six months of therapy! This is primarily because a workshop offers you ‘a distraction-free space’ to focus on you and/or your relationship for an extended period of time. It also gives you the opportunity to bed down the key principles of Imago and the Imago Dialogue processes.
Getting the Love You Want workshop
Any couple may benefit from this workshop. It’s appropriate for you if:
- You are beginning a relationship, and would like to create a strong foundation and avoid some of the frustrations you may have experienced in the past
- You want to turn a good relationship into a great relationship!
- You are in a difficult relationship and want to resolve longstanding conflicts
- You want to understand how your brain informs every single interaction, allowing you to move from reactive to responsive behaviour
- You are near break-up and want to decide if the relationship can be saved
You will learn how to:
- Develop effective new communication skills using the Imago Dialogue
- Resolve longstanding conflicts with compassion and ease
- Recreate the passion, attraction, and intimacy that first brought you together
- Discover a path to emotional healing and spiritual evolution through your relationship
- Experience a deep level of empathy and connection with your partner
Tens of thousands of couples worldwide have attended the Imago Weekend Workshop for couples. It is called Getting the Love You Want because it is closely based on the bestseller of the same name by Harville Hendrix, PhD, who personally developed this workshop over a 16-year period.
The workshop is a journey, and at the end you will leave with insights into how you can create a deeply satisfying and long-lasting relationship with your partner, as well as having learned skills that can help you to achieve that.
Through exercises that you share with partner, you explore some of your emotional history and learn how that influences both the reason you chose your partner, and also the reason that you may both be drawn either now or later into a power-struggle.
Imago views the power-struggles that occur in relationships as a natural part of love, and also a great opportunity to deepen your love and make the relationship more satisfying. Within your disagreements with your partner lie important clues about how you can learn to transform you love into something even richer, as long as you can discuss these issues in a way which feels comfortable and positive.
The Imago Dialogue
That’s why during the workshop we teach you how to use the Imago Dialogue. This is a powerful approach to exploring deep emotional issues and restoring lost connection. We will ask for volunteer couples that can be coached in front of the class through demonstrations, and then give you plenty of time to practice and apply the dialogue to the insights you develop throughout the workshop. There’s always help close by if you get stuck!
Sometimes we hear from couples who are concerned about revealing personal information to others. That’s why we set up the workshop up so that if you prefer you can do all your personal work privately with your partner, and just share with the group if you wish. We’ve also learned over the years that one of the most inspiring elements of the workshop is to see other couples going through the Imago processes during the demonstration, and to hear their stories.
By the end of the workshop, most couples leave feeling far more positive about their relationship, and the workshop closes with finding ways to make sure your life is full of caring and romance.
If you’re interested in taking part in one of the workshops listed in our schedule, please contact the facilitator directly for further information and to make payment.
Important: All personal work is done with your partner. This is an educational experience for couples, NOT group therapy. The workshop includes lectures, written exercises, live demonstrations and practice sessions between partners. You share only with your partner with the support of facilitators, if needed.