Imago therapy has revolutionised the way professionals work with couples and individuals who want to change their relationship with themselves and their partners.
Developed by Harville Hendrix and Helen La Kelly Hunt (pictured), this highly practical and effective method has helped thousands of couples worldwide establish more connected, passionate and joyful relationships.
Imago's Core Principles
- Eliminating the idea of ‘right and wrong’ and replacing it with a deep sense of curiosity and loving care for yourself and your partner
- Raising consciousness around your projections and their impact on your relationships
- That all relationships move through Romantic Love into the Power Struggle and have the potential to move to conscious joyful relating
- Understanding your childhood wounding. How you adapted to it and the impact it has on your life and relationships
Imago Dialogue is the core technique used for all conversations:
- Promotes change and growth
- Establishes an environment of safety which transforms conflict into connection
- Offers a safe space to begin re-romanticizing the relationship
- Allows you to be accurately heard and to hear
Imago was originally developed to help couples and individuals establish successful and long lasting relationships.
However, Imago understands that, in extreme circumstances, separation and/or divorce may seem like the only option. In these situations, Imago offers you a set of tools you can use to navigate this difficult period allowing each of you to be responsible and respectful throughout.
In addition, if there are children to consider, Imago offers a brilliant set of tools to face the ongoing challenges of co-parenting.
Overall aim: To promote and support healthy relationships throughout U.K. by expanding the awareness and availability of Imago Relationship Therapy.
- Developing and maintaining a website that promotes Imago workshops for couples and individuals, and provides access to Imago Therapists, Facilitators and Educators
- Seeking ways to promote workshops and the availability of U.K Imago Therapists, Facilitators and Educators through social media and other means.
- Expanding the number of Imago Therapists, Facilitators and Educators by promoting training through our website and other means.
- Supporting the ongoing development of Imago Therapists, Facilitators and Educators.