2 Day Workshop On Sex Addiction & Couples
Presented by Maureen Brine
Senior Clinical Faculty
I.C.A.D.C., CSAT, CCAC
March 21st& 22nd = London (location TBC)
Sexual addiction is best described as a progressive intimacy disorder characterized by compulsive sexual thoughts and acts. Like all addictions, its negative impact on the addict and on family members increases as the disorder progresses
Sex addiction is elusive and often undetected in couples’ therapy. Although not as obvious as other addictions, its effects can be just as devastating. Somehow it feels more “personal” to the partner. When. Discovered it is traumatic and life altering.Working with Sex addiction and couples requires knowledge and expertise.
The purpose of the training is to provide the tools and information for therapists to treat couples who are dealing with sexual addiction and recovery. Training will last 2 days and include tools, theory, clinical applications and experiential exercises.
About Maureen Brine:
Maureen Brine has been with Intervention Canada TV show since its inception. A veteran of hundreds of interventions, Maureen is a well-known and highly respected specialist in the field of addictions. She is also an educator and couples therapist. An Advanced Imago Relationship Therapist, and International Addictions Specialist, she has been in private practice since 1985 in both Vancouver and Toronto. She is a sought after global speaker, workshop presenter and trainer.
Maureen has been in the addictions field for more than 35 years. She is a former Director from the Donwood Institute in Toronto. Her main focus is Addictions and Imago Relationship Therapy. She is a respected leader in her field and many individuals, families, and organizations have benefited from her skills and understanding in the areas of relationships, addiction, family systems and recovery.
In her work as an addictions counsellor, Maureen has made a life study of the role family plays in the dynamics of addiction. Her practice emphasizes working with the whole family to help each member into recovery. As an adult child of an alcoholic, she recognizes the necessity for this to happen. She believes that interventions help all involved and that they make a difference in the lives of each family member.
She believes Interventions are a “gift of love”; a guided heart-to-heart conversation that can start the road to recovery for everyone involved.
- Apply principles of sex addiction treatment and recovery to couples therapy
- Learn how to utilize couples therapy to enhance and support individual/couple treatment for sexual addiction
- Learn the collaborative model for sexual addiction treatment for couples
- Learn/enhance expertise using couple-as-client paradigm
- Develop skills to facilitate healthy boundaries and differentiation in couples therapy
- Obtain a model for establishing individual and couple safety
- Guide you through the process of discovery, treatment, understanding and healing.
- Develop knowledge and sensitivity to ethical dilemmas and challenges in sexual addiction couples therapy
Imago UK member – £300
Non-Imago member – £400